Creating Mutliple Graphs and connecting them into one

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Hi :)

Firstly great visualization project! I love it!

Some quick background:
I am a MSc Computer Science student at the University of Johannesburg, South Africa. I am currently working on my thesis titled: "An Immune-inspired Multi Agent System to ensure Critical Information Infrastructure Protection". Basically I am drawing parallels between Human Immune Processes and applying some biological concepts and processes to the domain of network security. I spent the entire year last year performing all the required research on immune systems, cells, interaction and computer security in networked environments and have finally got around to getting to the prototype development for my model.

I was looking around for .Net based tools which I could utilize to visually represent and model my model and the immune processes involve, by chance stumbling across the ICE engine. I instantly fell in love with the visuals and chose it as my visualization tool to model various different components in my thesis.

After downloading and working through the entire tutorial, I moved on to implementing ICE in my own project. Unfortunately I am experiencing some problems/issues which I can't seem to solve.

I need to model a graph where there will be a set of nodes, with each of those nodes having a set of children as well, similar to your video on the first page of the project. I have read through the entire tutorial and every single thread posted on the project and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

I have tried various programming approaches and data structure alterations to the ICE engine, but to no avail. Is there something that I am missing? How do you go about creating a complex graph with various different nodes that are connected and each node has a set of children that are also connected?

I know the project hasn't been updated in a while, but I still want to use. It is really cool.

I would appreciate it if you could offer any help.

Thanks in advance,
Jan
Feb 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Hello Jan,

Indeed, Silverlight has become an obsolete technology. BUT you're: I am finalizing a new version entirely based on Javascript. 100% client side, just based on JQuery, XML, Json, CSS and D3js. No server side component. So it will be much easier to use, and will work on any mobile device like iPhone / iPad or Android.
We should have a documented version with tutorial in 3 weeks on Github. I'll update this thread once it's ready.

Herve
May 4, 2015 at 2:32 PM
Any plans to release the Silverlight version with other license than GPL v2? Say MIT license, or MSPL?

GPL v2 requires all software that uses even in parts your code to be release with same license which is problematic. I would like to make a component to host in ClipFlair Studio for example (http://ClipFlair.codeplex.com) and use it for mind-mapping, language diagrams etc. in Foreign Language Learning and other activities, but don't want to change the license to a viral one like GPL v2.