Sort of a bipartite graph possible?

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hi there,

I am working on a project and have two kinds of nodes.. The nodes from our firm, and the nodes of the customer.. The task is to show the interaction between corresponding nodes. My supervisor would like to have the nodes in a bipartite way, meaning that e.g. our employees are positioned on a horizontal line above and the employees of the other firm on a horizontal line at the bottom of the page. It would look a liitle like this picture, wherein the nodes are ordered vertically and not horizontally, but I think you'll understand what I mean: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/e/e8/20070321193306!Simple-bipartite-graph.svg .. So, what can I do? I understand that I can't exactly determine where the nodes are going to be. I thought I could use your hints for the building of an organizational graph and play with factors like gravity and repulsion strength to order the nodes.. But I haven't succeeded. Can you help me? Is there a way to model this the way I want?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings
Hakan

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Hello Hakan,

Yes, Gravity is kind of a hidden feature. See this thread and tell me if that works for you.