How to display the nodes in order

May 9, 2010 at 6:17 AM

Hi,

I am a newcomer to ice,I have some questions.

1.How can I display the node as i wish ,I mean, for example, I could display the nodes like a family tree .
2.I found that Node has a property called "url",and I must assign a url to the node ,but i do not want to assign one for it,,if i assign a invalid url to it,it may cause error.How could I solve the problem.
3.Initially ,we can expend or collapse a node .if I do not want this function ,how could i do? I mean I just want to show the result of something ,rather than interaction.

Coordinator
May 11, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Welcome to ICE!

1. See if this thread helps: http://icedotnet.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=210822

2. It doesn't make sense to not assign a URL, because the URL is used by ICE to process all the information needed for that node (type, attributes, links). Let me know if the turtorial is not clesr about the role of the URL.

3. You mean the little green "+" icon I guess. You're right, we should improve that. Right now, the + appears anytime your node has a link, and as it turns out, all the nodes DO have a link. By I understand what you're saying, I've been thinking about that too. We'll see how we can improve this in a next version.

May 11, 2010 at 8:34 AM

thank you tourpe,

I can quite understand 2 and 3,But I still can not solve the problem that caused by 1. It does work when a node links only one node  as I reduce t the attribute link.strength .But when I try to make a node link 4 nodes, the attribute link.strength does not work , They all stick together.How can I solve that problem?

Coordinator
May 13, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Hi,

Please try to set an upper value for the repultion force.  it will help you take them away for each other. But at the end, if they 're all linked with each other with a good relation (meaning a good strength) force driven graph logic whould consider them as a cluster.

May 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

thank you ! I tried and succeeded!