performance

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Hi,

just wondering what sort of performance users are experiencing using ICE.  I have a quad core pc and the browser sits around 40-60% cpu utilisation when approx 130 nodes are being displayed/manipulated.  Not sure if this is typical of other users experiences.  Also is anybody successfully using large sets of data i.e. hierarchies of nodes over a 1000?

thanks,

James

May 7, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I'm having a similar experience.  I'm currently looking into trying to configure the refreshRate to stop nodes from updating so often.  It also looks like ICE is downloading nodes more than once.  I'll let you know if I discover anything.

May 7, 2010 at 1:45 AM

I'm trying to figure out a way to start the graph full expanded (showing the full hierarchy).  I've tried setting the initialGraphVisibilityDepth to a number high enough to load the whole graph, but it load too slow to be useful.  I've got about 50 notes in my first level and it seems like the graph loads children of each level 1 node at a rate of about 1 child note a second.  So, it takes almost a minute to expand out to the full level 2 depth.  

I can't figure out what the bottleneck is.  I'm not sure if it is because it is having to download and parse an xml file for each level 1 node or if there is a purposeful delay in adding it to the map.  I believe my page that generates the XML is not the hold up.  Any ideas?  Is there a way to generate a single XML file that represents the whole graph so it can load it all at one time instead of one node at a time?